SAMPLE TEST QUESTIONS
THE QUESTIONS ARE TAKEN FROM VARIOUS TOPICS
- A: Principles of American Democracy
- B: System of Government
- C: Rights and Responsibilities
- D: American History
- Colonial Period and Independence
- Recent American History and Other Important Historical Information
- E: INTEGRATED CIVICS
SOME QUESTIONS HAVE ONLY ONE POSSIBLE ANSWER
Question: What do we call the first ten amendments to the Constitution?
Answer: the Bill of Rights
IN THESE CASES – THE TUTOR WILL HELP YOU MARK THE BUZZWORDS YOU NEED TO LISTEN FOR SO YOU CAN ANSWER CORRECTLY
OTHER QUESTIONS HAVE MORE THAN ONE POSSIBLE ANSWER:
Question: Why do some states have more representatives than other states?
- (because of) the state’s population
- (because) they have more people
- (because) some states have more people
FOR THESE QUESTIONS, YOUR TUTOR WILL CHOOSE ONE ANSWER (YOU ONLY NEED TO GIVE ONE) SO THAT YOU DON’T HAVE TO STUDY TOO MUCH INFORMATION. YOU WILL NEED TO MEMORIZE ONLY ONE POSSIBILITY
SOME OF THE QUESTIONS HAVE ANSWERS THAT DEPEND ON WHERE YOU LIVE:
Question: Who is one of your state’s U.S. Senators now?
- Answers will vary. [District of Columbia residents and residents of U.S. territories should answer that D.C. (or the territory where the applicant lives) has no U.S. Senators.]
IN THESE CASES, YOUR TUTOR WILL KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE AND WILL PREPARE A TAILOR MADE FILE WHICH INCLUDES THE ANSWERS THAT ARE SUITED TO YOUR STATE